Job Title: J2EE Application Developers III
Job Requisition:J2EE Application Developers III – JR-816-058
- As a member of the Applications Solution Delivery (ASD) Team you are responsible for the implementation and enhancement of our CLIENT’s application software.
- Responsibilities include leading analysis, design, development, testing, integration, debugging, documenting and implementation of new and enhancement projects.
- Producing technical project requirements, designs, documents and conveying solutions. Incorporating architectural strategies and standards into their solutions.
- Promoting project success through efficient designs, programming techniques and strategies, utilizing reuse where practical.
- Designing and executing unit and integration test strategies to ensure thorough testing prior to QA turnover.
- Leading development and execution of implementation plans and release management processes with all necessary groups.
- Ensuring all technical and project artifacts are complete and properly managed as required per the SDLC.
- Adhering to our established CLIENT development standards and spearheading appropriate modifications to improve quality and productivity of the development teams. Ensuring that all team members follow development standards.
- Working independently and collaboratively to ensure projects deliver high quality, well-written and efficient application components/programs.
- Formulating high level and detailed estimates for blue sky analyses, project planning, and impact assessments including clear justification in situations that may involve ambiguous or unclear requirements.
- Leading technical project teams anticipating and resolving issues to meet deadlines.
- Planning, organizing and tracking technical project deliverables to adhere to project schedules.
- Be current in programming techniques, technologies and tools utilized at our CLIENT. Keep abreast of emerging technologies and propose/implement feasible solutions at our CLIENT to improve efficiencies.
- Leading efforts to integrate design strategies, application specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into appropriate project artifacts.
- Effectively leading cross-functional teams, model team qualities, build team rapport and keep others informed.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills with diverse audiences.
- Proactively interface with others and identify options to achieve project success. Establish positive relationships with peers across the company to ensure meeting project objectives.
- Taking ownership of technical issues anticipating and mitigating risks, escalating issues appropriately and keeping all necessary parties informed.
- Share technical, procedural and business knowledge with others. Proactively present information in public forums to share knowledge and improve the productivity of others. Mentor others.
Ideal Candidate should have:
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Attention to detail
- Makes sound decisions
- Exhibits leadership capabilities
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Expert in specific technologies and/or applications
- Understanding and command of OO practices and UML
- Experience in development of complex scalable, distributed systems and high volume transaction applications
- Experience in different software development methodologies such as Agile
- Experience developing and debugging Multi-Threaded applications
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Technical experience in Java 7/8, Spring Framework, Maven, JUnit, Log4J, UML, Mercurial, Agile development, TDD, Tomcat, Clover, Relational and NoSQL databases (preferably Neo4j, Redis, MongoDB), Restful APIs, JIRA, Industry or our CLIENT applications experience a strong plus.
|Job Category||United Stated|
|Qualification:||Minimum Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field. Masters preferred.|
|Job Location:||Dulles, VA|