About the Project:
The project is executed in agile model involves manual testing, automated testing and performance testing of web and mobile applications. Job responsibility involves analyzing and reviewing functional and non-functional requirements, plan performance testing, design/develop/excute performance test scripts, identify performance issues and work with development team to ensure application meets performance requirements.
PrimeSoft is seeking a performance test engineer with experience in performance testing of web applications, modile applications, backend API using tools like JMeter, BlazeMeter, Selenium, Appium, etc. with solid understanding of SDLC process, performance testing concepts, performance testing tools and frameworks and scripting languages. The automation engineer will perform all or most of the following:
- Good understanding of SDLC / STLC process
- Responsible for performance testing activities in the project including reviewing project requirements / use cases/ functional specs, designing test scenarios / test cases, execution of test cases, reporting defects, validating fixes and generating test reports as necessary
- Understand / analyze the performance testing requirements and scenarios. Design and develop performance test scenarios.
- Design and develop performance test scripts for web application, mobile application and backend API using Jmeter, Blazemeter or any other appropriate tools to measure performance parameters (e.g. Response Time, Throughput, etc.)
- Adhere to industry standards while naming and developing performance test scripts.
- Create performance test environment and prepare test data
- Execute performance tests, measure performance parameters (Response Time, Throughput, etc.) and monitor CPU, memory, disk, network etc.
- Analyze performance test results and failures, report performance defects / bottlenecks and generate test execution reports. Coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Develop performance testing related documentation such as performance test plan, framework/script design documents, release notes, readme, help documents, API documentation.
- Communicate confidently with customers, manage stakeholder expectations and ability to operate under pressure and meet project deadline.
- Coach / mentor junior members of the team to ensure high quality deliverables, on-time delivery and manage the overall performance of direct reports
- Hands on experience in performance testing of web and mobile applications and backend APIs
- Hands on experience in atleast one performance testing tool (Jmeter, BlazeMeter, etc.). Experience in Jmeter is mandatory.
- Hands on experience in at least one performance monitoring tool (e.g. New Relic, Perfmon, etc.)
- Experience in at least one database (e.g. MySQL, etc.)
- Should have authored formal document (Performance test plan, design doc, test cases/scenarios, etc)
- Experience working in Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Experience in test automation using Selenium and Java
- Knowledge in LINUX and UNIX is a plus
- Experience: 3-6 years
- Qualification: B.E/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech /MCA
- Location: Hyderabad/Bengaluru/Mumbai